Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes

This weekend I had an Italian Theme dinner with my boys.  To go with my chicken parmesan, pasta and salad, I decided to make some SPAGHETTI & MEATBALL CUPCAKES!  They were so easy to make and easy to decorate.

I used a yellow box cake mix.  Followed the directions as indicated on the box.

For my frosting, I used standard vanilla frosting.  To get the frosting to be the color of pasta, I added a teaspoon of cocoa powder and yellow food coloring to the frosting.  Once I got the desired color, I frosted each of the cupcakes with a little frosting.  I added the remaining frosting to a pastry bag cut a little tip off the pastry bag and went WILD with the frosting.  It was so much fun and easy to make the spaghetti.

Once all the cupcakes were full of spaghetti frosting, I microwaved about a half a cup of strawberry jam in the microwave.  I dropped my hazel nut candy balls into the jam topped each cupcake with a candy and drizzled the remaining jam on the cupcakes.  They turned out AMAZING! 

My guest were so impressed they started on dessert first!


No comments:

Post a Comment