Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rocky Road Cupcakes

It has been awhile since my last posting...almost two weeks.  Well it is because I was BLESSED with a new granddaughter.  I have spent my free time visiting her and cooking for her mommy and dad.  That is grandma's way of getting them to my house.  I love her so much!  I am so excited because she is the first girl for me.  I have four sons and two grandsons.  So she will be spoiled!

The weekend after her birth, I invited her other grandparents and aunties to a BBQ at my house. I spent the morning cooking and cleaning.  We had BBQ chicken, ribs, hot links, potato salad, chili beans and cupcakes.  ROCKY ROAD CUPCAKES!  Easy and delicious!

Cupcakes
Devils Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/8 cup slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Follow directions on the cake mix box, except replace water with cold brewed coffee. Once cake mix is all mixed, add the chips and marshmallows.  Mix about one minute.  Fill cupcake holders with mix and bake for about 15-minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool.

Frosting
Tub of store bought chocolate frosting
Semi sweet and white chips
Slivered almonds

Frost cupcakes and top with chips and almonds.


No comments:

Post a Comment